The Resource 1796-1801
- Inclusive dates
- Business records -- Virginia | Lancaster County
- Business enterprises -- Virginia | Lancaster County
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Lancaster County
- Lancaster County (Va.) -- History -- 18th century
- Slavery -- Virginia | Lancaster County. -- History -- 18th century
- Local government records -- Virginia | Lancaster County
- Merchants -- Virginia | Lancaster County
- Barter -- Virginia | Lancaster County
- Ledger C (1796-1797), Ledger E (1799-1800), and Ledger F (1800-1801), of an unidentified merchant. They record the accounts of individual customers and the merchant's controlling accounts. Each account lists transactions in chronological order. Information found in each entry includes date of transaction, form of transaction, page number of transaction found in corresponding journal or daybook, amount owed, form of payment, and amount paid. Volume does not contain detailed information regarding items sold by the merchant. Rather, it uses the general terms "sundries" and "merchandise." The merchant also hired out slaves to customers. Payments made by cash, credit, labor, hire of slaves, or barter of items such as corn, wheat, tobacco, chickens, fodder, and brandy. The merchant's controlling accounts include merchandise account, corn account, expenses account, cash account, wheat account, and beans account. Ledger F includes an index at the front that lists customers' names in alphabetical order. All three volumes are in poor condition. Ledgers C and E have pages missing
- Biographical or historical data
- The unidentified merchant conducted business in Lancaster County, Virginia during the late 18th century.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1796-1801
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1796-1801
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/b-vQelcQqiU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/b-vQelcQqiU/">1796-1801</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...