The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Douglas L. Pugh, 1940-1969
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Douglas L. Pugh, 1940-1969
- Inclusive dates
- Pugh, Douglas L
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- United States
- Insurance policies -- Virginia
- State government records -- Virginia
- Military discharge -- United States
- Military records -- Virginia
- Insurance, Life -- Virginia
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Birth records -- Virginia | Alexandria
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 879304 contains a notification of birth registration for Douglas L. Pugh born 14 May 1940 in Alexandria, Virginia, a certificate of acceptance to the United States Naval Reserve for Douglas L. Pugh dated 14 May 1958, one life insurance policy in the name of Douglas L. Pugh dated 8 July 1959, a certificate of Navy Training Course completion for Douglas L. Pugh dated 13 January 1960, a memoradum giving Douglas L. Pugh access to confidential Navy information dated 17 May 1960, a U.S. Navy release from active duty for Douglas L. Pugh dated 28 June 1961, three copies of a report of transfer or discharge for Douglas L. Pugh dated 1 July 1961, and a certificate of discharge from the U.S. Navy for Douglas L. Pugh dated 18 May 1964
- This lot also contains a letter of discharge dated 28 May 1964 along with the enlisted classification record for Douglas L. Pugh, and three life insurance policies in the name of Douglas L. Pugh dated 5 May 1967, 10 July 1969 and 19 September 1969
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Douglas L. Pugh, 1940-1969
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Douglas L. Pugh, 1940-1969
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/b0CbsFG_5S4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/b0CbsFG_5S4/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Douglas L. Pugh, 1940-1969</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...