The Resource Albemarle County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1959
- Albemarle County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1959
- Inclusive dates
- Local government records -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Albemarle County (Va.)
- Albemarle County (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- World War, 1917-1918 -- Registers -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Veterans. -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Military records -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Muster rolls -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Virginia -- History -- World War, 1914-1918
- Albemarle County(Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1959, is a listing of men who served in one of the several branches of the armed services during World War I. Information included in the muster roll includes name, address (name of town), age, color, selective service (date drafted), volunteers for army, navy and marine corps (date accepted and which branch), National Guard and naval militia (date and where mustered), rank, branch, and remarks which include notations about date discharged, reason and date of deaths, whether someone was a chaplain, etc
- The book contains the record of Leonard Glenn Hildebrand who enlisted June 3, 1918 to serve in the United States Navy. He was discharged from service July 5, 1919
- Biographical or historical data
- Albemarle County was named for William Anne Keppel, second earl of Albemarle and governor of the Virginia colony from 1737 to 1754. It was formed from Goochland County in 1744, and part of Louisa County and certain islands in the Fluvanna River, now called the James, were added in 1761 and 1838.
- An act passed by the Virginia General Assembly on March 16, 1918 required the recordation of the names of drafted men. The chairman of each of the Local Draft Boards of the Virginia counties and cities were to furnish their clerk of court were deeds of land were recorded, with the list of residents who through the selective draft law have become members of the military forces of the United States. In cities that were separated into divisions, the chairman of the Local Draft Board of each division was to keep the records. In Richmond City, the Clerk of the Chancery Court was to keep the records. When the clerk of the court received this information, he was to copy it in a book or books provided for the purpose and also create an index for the book. The Adjutant-General of the State was to furnish a list of names of those who joined volunteer companies from the counties or cities. These lists are also to be recorded in to the book and also indexed. Persons joining the naval or military forces of the United States or its allies were allowed to have their record listed in the book. They or someone for them made an application and provide proof of service and when this was done; their record would be recorded in the book.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Albemarle County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1959
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Albemarle County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1959
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bQR6LIyS0y8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bQR6LIyS0y8/">Albemarle County (Va.) Muster Roll in the War with Germany, 1959</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...