The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of James Ailor, 1948-1971
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of James Ailor, 1948-1971
- Inclusive dates
- Marriage records -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Ailor, James Richard
- Divorce records
- State government records -- Virginia
- Birth records -- Virginia
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Mortgages -- Virginia | Chesterfield County
- Ailor, Lena Evans
- Divorce -- Virginia
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 585136 contains the following documents belonging to James Ailor: birth certificate of Lena Raye Evans, 8 January 1948; the divorce decree between Deborah Jacobs Ailor & James Richard Ailor in Henrico County Court, 27 May 1970; certificate of marriage of James Richard Ailor & Lena Raye Evans at Gladys, Virginia on 2 June 1970 (unofficial copy); certificate of marriage of James Richard Ailor & Lena Raye Evans in Campbell County, Virginia, on 2 June 1970 (official copy); State Teachers Certificate of Lena Evans Ailor, 25 Feb. 1970; and mortgage papers of James R. Ailor for a property in Chesterfield County, 1971
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of James Ailor, 1948-1971
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of James Ailor, 1948-1971
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bRwNrF7ELJI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bRwNrF7ELJI/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of James Ailor, 1948-1971</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...