The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Margaret L. Boyd, 1917-1972
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Margaret L. Boyd, 1917-1972
- Inclusive dates
- Pedersen, Helen R
- Pedersen, Carl V
- Boyd, George H.,, (George Henry)
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Military discharge
- United States
- Deeds -- Virginia | Chesterfield County
- Boyd, Margaret L.,, (Margaret Lillian Jouget)
- Marriage certificates
- Boyd, Marie K
- State government records -- Virginia
- Sunset Memorial Park (Va.)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Birth certificates
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 50624) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- The lot contains a deed between Carl and Helen Pedersen and Margaret Boyd for property in Chesterfield County, 1969; a plat of property to be acquired by Margaret Boyd, dated 1969; a series of letters and records relating to the interment of George Boyd, including correspondence with the Veterans Administration and Sunset Memorial Park, 1965; a mortgage document for George and Margaret Boyd from the Brockton Savings Bank, 1962; a contract of sale between Margaret Boyd and Carl Pedersen, 1969; an estimate and proposal from Sears, Roebuck and Co, 1972; a marriage certificate and service for George Henry Boyd and Margaret Lillian Jouget, 1958; a memorial card for Marie K. Boyd, 1956; discharge papers for George Boyd from the U. S. Army Reserves, 1962; a death certificate for George, 1965; a clipping about the funeral of George Boyd; a letter from Margaret to the Army Times about George's obituary, 1965; correspondence from the Veterans Administration regarding survivor benefits; and a birth certificate for George Boyd, 1917
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Margaret L. Boyd, 1917-1972
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Margaret L. Boyd, 1917-1972
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bikyDo3VnoQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bikyDo3VnoQ/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Margaret L. Boyd, 1917-1972</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...