The Resource 1860-1875
- Inclusive dates
- Daybooks -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Merchants. -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Mason, Walker, and Richardson (Albemarle County, Va.)
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Albemarle County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Fluvanna County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Local government records -- Virginia | Fluvanna County
- Barter. -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Business records -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Consumer goods -- Virginia | Albemarle County
- Mason, Walker, and Richardson Daybooks and Ledger, 1860-1875, consist of two daybooks and a ledger
- Daybooks, July 1860-July 1861 and 1873-1875, record the transactions as they occurred on a daily basis. Information found in each entry includes name of customer, items purchased, payment debts or expenses, and the amount owed and paid. Merchandise sold include beef, soap, whiskey, bed steads, cabbage, potatoes, sugar, and coffee. Entries in one of the daybooks include page numbers that correspond with page numbers found in the ledger. Both daybooks include additional miscellaneous information
- Ledger A, 1860-1861, records the accounts of individual customers. Each account lists transactions in chronological order. Information found in the accounts includes items purchased, payment debts or expenses, and the amount owed and paid. Payments made by cash, barter including eggs and vegetables, or labor. Ledger also includes a list of horses and mules worked at Shadwell. The list includes name of horse or mule, age, and value
- Biographical or historical data
- Mason, Walker, and Richardson was a mercantile business that conducted business in the town of Shadwell in Albemarle County during the mid-nineteenth century.
- Fluvanna County takes its name from an eighteenth-century designation of the upper James River. The name, meaning river of Anne, was originally bestowed in honor of Queen Anne of England. The county was formed from Albemarle County in 1777. The county seat is Palmyra.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Mason, Walker, and Richardson Daybooks and Ledger
ContextContext of 1860-1875
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1860-1875
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bnCaTy95I_o/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bnCaTy95I_o/">1860-1875</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...