The Resource Reports of insurance companies on accounts and bonds, :, 1856-1863
- Reports of insurance companies on accounts and bonds, :, 1856-1863
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Revenue Assessment and Collection - Business Records. Insurance Companies
- The accounts contain the names of persons to whom payments were made, the amounts, and the dates paid. Each bond contains the signatures of the claimant and securities, the date, and the amount of the bond
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 6 March 1856 the General Assembly passed an act entitled an "Act Regulating Foreign Life Insurance Companies Within the Commonwealth." This act required out-of-state insurance companies to give powers of attorney to their agents in Virginia to transact business here. Agents were required to file bonds with the auditor of public accounts and to make returns showing the amounts of premiums received. On 18 March 1856 the General Assembly passed an act imposing a tax of half of one percent on the total amount of premiums received by each foreign insurance company.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 381
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Reports of insurance companies on accounts and bonds, :, 1856-1863
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Reports of insurance companies on accounts and bonds, :, 1856-1863
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/btVTcrZjtpA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/btVTcrZjtpA/">Reports of insurance companies on accounts and bonds, :, 1856-1863</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...