The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL
- !UNKNOWN LABEL
- Osterhaus, Hugo Wilson, 1878-1972
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American
- United States -- History -- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives
- Osterhaus family
- United States -- History -- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives
- United States -- History -- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Personal narratives
- Port Chicago Mutiny Trial, San Francisco, Calif., 1944
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Norfolk
- Memoirs of Hugo Wilson Osterhaus (1878-1972) of Norfolk, Virginia, including the following topics: family matters, his education at the Naval Academy, and extensive discussion of his military career including his service during the Spanish-American War, World War I, and World War II. His World War I service entailed extensive duty aboard Naval vessels performing convoy escort service and search missions for German submarines. His World War II service involved service in command of personnel and training and in service on the General Court Martial Board. While on court martial duty, Osterhaus sat in judgment on the Port Chicago Mutiny Trial. Osterhaus includes his opinion of the trial in these memoirs. This copy is a typescript compiled by Enos F. Hargrave Jr. in 1993
- Biographical or historical data
- Hugo Wilson Osterhaus was born 12 November 1878 Osterhaus married Helen Huntington Downing of Washington, D. C. He died 17 September 1972 in Washington, D. C.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of !UNKNOWN LABEL
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work !UNKNOWN LABEL
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bxNKzGPt7zw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/bxNKzGPt7zw/">!UNKNOWN LABEL</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...