The Resource 1759-1897.
- Inclusive dates
- Slaves -- United States -- United States
- Wills -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Cumberland County (Va.) -- History
- Courts of chancery -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Slaves -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- African Americans -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- African Americans -- History -- To 1863
- Public records. -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Decisions. -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Equity. -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Cumberland County (Va.)
- Claims -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Records, 1759-1897, of Cumberland County consist of free negro and slave records (1799), court papers related to judgments (1787, 1850, 1881) and chancery suits (1847), papers related to court finance (1809), tax and fiscal records (1759, 1775, 1894, 1897), and wills (1793, 1892.)
- Free negro and slave records, 1799, consist of a list of the number of slaves over twent and under fifty owned in the First Cumberland Assessment District. The list records the name of the slave-owner, name of superintendant, residence, and number of slaves
- Copy of a bill, 1847, in the chancery cause Widow of John B. Seay versus Administratix of Thomas T. Mayo and others heard in the Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery
- Copies of John Woodson's will, 1793 and Elvira Jackson's will, 1892
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Cumberland County was formed in 1749 from Goochland County.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- See also Cumberland County chancery suit entitled Widow of John B. Seay versus Heirs of Thomas T. Mayo and others found in the Local Government Records Collection at the Library of Virginia. The index number is 1848-023.
ContextContext of 1759-1897.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1759-1897.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/c0pORZWdaS8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/c0pORZWdaS8/">1759-1897.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...