The Resource Buckingham County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1805-1869
- Buckingham County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1805-1869
- Inclusive dates
- Proceedings -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Receipts (financial records) -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Claims -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Tax collection -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Buckingham County (Va.)
- Clerks of court -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Public welfare. -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Public records -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Sheriffs. -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Tax and fiscal records -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Land value taxation. -- Virginia | Buckingham County
- Overseers of the poor (Buckingham County, Va.)
- Buckingham County (Va.) -- History
- Court Records, 1805-1839, of Buckingham County Circuit Court overseers the poor records and fiscal records
- Overseers of the poor records, 1805-1821, consist of proceedings and receipts of the overseers the poor. The proceedings record the date of meeting, members present, names of individuals to whom payments were made and the amount of payment, and appointment of officers. The receipts record payments made by the overseers of the poor to individuals. Information found include date of payment, name of individual, reason for payment, and amount paid
- Fiscal records, 1805-1869, consist of lists of insolvent lands, county levy lists, and delinquent land tax lists. The lists record date, the names of individuals, and amount owed or received. Some of the insolvent land lists also record residence, quantity of land, geographic description, distance and bearing from court house, and amount of land tax. The fiscal records also include fees paid to the clerk, county claims paid to individuals for various services rendered to the county such as slave patrols and jail repairs, and receipts of payments made to the sheriff and deputy sheriff for services rendered on behalf of the court such as delivering executions
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Buckingham County was formed from Albemarle County in 1761.
- Records were destroyed by fire in 1869.
- The overseers of the poor was a county agency charged with providing aid to the indigent after the Anglican Church lost this responsibility with the enactment of the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1785.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
- Location of other archival material
- Buckingham County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Buchanan County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of Buckingham County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1805-1869
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Buckingham County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1805-1869
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/c5hEEUf6hTo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/c5hEEUf6hTo/">Buckingham County (Va.) Circuit Court Records, 1805-1869</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...