The Resource Robert Rose diary, 1746-1751
- Robert Rose diary, 1746-1751
- Inclusive dates
- Virginia -- Social life and customs -- 18th century
- St. Anne's Parish (Essex County, Va.)
- Church of England -- Clergy | Diaries
- Clergy. -- Virginia -- Diaries
- United States. -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Personal papers
- Albemarle County (Va.) -- History -- 18th century
- St. Anne's Parish (Albemarle County, Va.)
- Essex County (Va.) -- History -- 18th century
- Church of England -- Virginia | Essex County -- Clergy
- Rose, Robert, 1704-1751
- Church of England -- Virginia | Albemarle County -- Clergy
- Virginia -- History -- 18th Century
- Diary, 1746-1751, of Robert Rose, chronicling the day to day events of the parson for St. Anne's Parish in Albemarle and Essex Counties, Virginia. Includes notes on daily life, ministerial duties, land holdings, weather, travel, church life, and social visits. Located on frames 502-722
- Biographical or historical data
- Robert Rose was born about 1704 in Scotland. He became a minister in the Anglican Church and emigrated to Virginia. His first parish was St. Anne’s in Essex County, Virginia, and he moved to Albemarle County, Virginia, in 1749. Rose was a popular and prominent minister in Virginia during his life. He married twice, first to Mary Tarent (d. 1738) and had three children. He married second Ann Fitzhugh in 1740 and they had six children. Rose died in Richmond, Virginia, 30 June 1751, and was buried at St. John’s Church.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Robert Rose diary, 1746-1751
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Robert Rose diary, 1746-1751
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/c989GX9xl_8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/c989GX9xl_8/">Robert Rose diary, 1746-1751</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...