The Resource 1756-1844
- Inclusive dates
- Brock's Gap Church (Rockingham County, Va.)
- Shenandoah County (Va.) -- Church history -- 18th century
- Church records -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Rockingham County (Va.) -- Church history -- 18th century
- Minute books
- Smith's Creek Church (Rockingham County, Va.)
- Baptists -- Virginia | Rockingham County
- Rockingham County (Va.) -- Church history -- 19th century
- Church records -- Virginia | Rockingham County
- Baptists -- Virginia | Shenandoah County
- Linville Creek Church (Rockingham County, Va.)
- Typescript compilation of records, mostly minutes, including church covenant, rules, names of members received, baptised, or expelled, and information on the business affairs of the church. A list of members appears on page 91
- Biographical or historical data
- Known first as Smith's Creek Church and Linville Creek Church, it held services alternately at a meetinghouse on Smith's Creek and at one on Linville Creek. In 1774, Smith's Creek Church was constituted an independent congregation, while Linville Creek Church continued. In 1843, its membership divided, and it became known as Brock's Gap Church.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Original in the collections of the Pennsylvania Genealogical Society.
ContextContext of 1756-1844
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1756-1844
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cL_ylRAkT4o/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cL_ylRAkT4o/">1756-1844</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...