The Resource Concession speech,, 1957 Nov
- Concession speech,, 1957 Nov
- Inclusive dates
- 1957 Nov
- Ted Dalton, the defeated Republican candidate for Governor, congratulates J. Lindsay Almond, Jr., on his victory and hopes the contest makes for a better Virginia. He calls for Virginians to look forward not backward when a finding a solution to the great problem of desegregation and still believes the local option plan represents the best means for Virginia to preserve separate public schools
- Biographical or historical data
- Theodore Roosevelt Dalton was born 3 July 1901 in Carroll County, Virginia, the son of Currell and Lodoska Martin Dalton. He was educated at the College of William and Mary, receiving both his B.A. and law degree. Dalton was Commonwealth's Attorney for Radford, Virginia before serving in the Virginia State Senate from 1944 to 1960. In 1953 and 1957, he ran unsuccessfully for governor as the Republican Party candidate. Dalton was appointed federal judge for the Western District of Virginia. His adopted son, John N. Dalton, served as governor of Virginia from 1978 to 1982. Ted Dalton died 30 October 1989.
- Cataloging source
- Format of music
- not applicable
- Funding information
- Reformatting was funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
- Literary text for sound recordings
- lectures speeches
ContextContext of Concession speech,, 1957 Nov
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Concession speech,, 1957 Nov
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cVw7mirhq78/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cVw7mirhq78/">Concession speech,, 1957 Nov</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...