The Resource Research notes of Randolph W. Church, 1934-1955
- Research notes of Randolph W. Church, 1934-1955
- Inclusive dates
- Poe, Edgar Allan, 1809-1849, Poems.
- Virginia -- History -- 17th century
- Poe, Edgar Allan, 1809-1849
- Heraldry -- Virginia
- Governors -- Dwellings -- Virginia
- Lynchburg (Va.) -- History -- 18th century
- Indexes (reference sources)
- Newspapers -- Pennsylvania | Philadelphia
- Letter books
- Land grants -- Virginia -- 18th century
- State government records -- Virginia
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870
- Virginia Executive Mansion (Richmond, Va.)
- Clippings. | aat
- Irving, Charles, 1841-1842
- Letters (correspondence)
- Land grants -- Virginia -- 17th century
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Contains the research notes of State Librarian Randolph Church. The majority of the research notes document Church's research on his unpublished book on Edgar Allan Poe and the Philadelphia Saturday Museum. Church began this research while working as Assistance Reference Librarian at the University of Virginia. Includes correspondence relating to the tracking down extant issues of the newspaper at other institutions. Also includes correspondence to/from John Wyllie, Assistant Reference Librarian, University of Virginia. Church continued his research as Assistant Librarian at the Virginia State Library. There are photostat copies of the Philadelphia Saturday Museum containing biographical sketches of Poe
- Also includes notes, clippings, and a copy of his lecture before the Lynchburg Historical Society in 1953. There are also notes regarding Charles Dickens's visit to Richmond and an epitaph he wrote for Charles Irving, the infant son of Anthony Thornton and Mary Jane (Irving) Thornton who passed in Richmond in March 1842. There is a photocopy of the James Lyle Letter Book, 1810-1811. Lastly, there are research notes regarding the Governor's House, an index to land patents, 1666-1732, and the Virginia Coat of Arms, 1704-1959
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Library of Virginia. (Search Library of Virginia as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- Randolph W. Church served as state librarian for Virginia from 1 March 1947-30 June 1972.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Research notes of Randolph W. Church, 1934-1955
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Research notes of Randolph W. Church, 1934-1955
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cmUgS5kah3g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cmUgS5kah3g/">Research notes of Randolph W. Church, 1934-1955</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...