The Resource 1926-1944
- Inclusive dates
- Contains the correspondence of J. H. Bradford, Director of the Division of the Budget. Correspondents include Harry F. Byrd, Sr., and E. Lee Trinkle. Included are general correspondence as well as letters of congratulations to Mr. Bradford on his reappointment to the post of budget director in 1942
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of Planning and Budget. (Search Virginia Dept. of Planning and Budget as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- J. H. Bradford, a native of Alabama, came to Virginia in 1919 to work on Virginia's first state budget and remained as a statictician in the budget office, under the state budget directory, LeRoy Hodges. Following Mr. Hodges' resignation in 1924, Bradford was appointed to the position of acting state budget director by Governor E. Lee Trinkle, a position he was later permanently appointed to by Governor Harry Flood Byrd. In 1939, in a political move, Governor Price appointed Rowland A. Egger in the position of budget director, giving Bradford a minor role in the budget office. In 1940, the General Assembly created the position of Legislative Director of the Budget specifically for Bradford. Bradford remained in this position until 1942, when Governor Darden reappointed Bradford as the state budget director, a position he held until his retirement in 1958.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
- Correspondence of J. H. Bradford
ContextContext of 1926-1944
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1926-1944
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cr9nFYGhIzs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cr9nFYGhIzs/">1926-1944</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...