The Resource Dinwiddie county
- Dinwiddie county
- John Wood was contracted with by Governor Wilson C. Nicholas in 1816 to carry out surveys of Virginia's counties and to prepare from these surveys a map of the state. The maps, "designed for the use of the Executive," were to be deposited in the office of the secretary of the board of public works, to "be at all times open to the access of the Executive, or of any member of the General Assembly." (29 Va. Acts 1816-1817) When Wood died in 1822, Herman Böye completed the project, which resulted in the state map published in 1827. It was corrected by Lewis von Buchholtz in the edition of 1859
- One in the series of county maps preliminary to Böye's nine-sheet map of Virginia, published in 1827
- Relief shown pictorially
- Pen and ink, watercolor
- Shows water systems, roads (indicated by red lines), bridges, mills, towns, churches, certain public buildings, Dinwiddie Academy, Indian burying ground, and some houses and owners
- Scale [1:39,600].
- 115.4 x 131.6 cm.
- 1 map
- Also negative photostatic copy of map, in 8 parts, actual size.
- Other physical details
- ms. col., dissected in 4 pieces and mounted on linen
ContextContext of Dinwiddie county
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Dinwiddie county
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cswJ-WiLYDk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/cswJ-WiLYDk/">Dinwiddie county</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...