The Resource Essay, 1890
- Essay, 1890
- Inclusive dates
- Louisiana Purchase
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1783-1809
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Personal papers
- Law, Evander McIver, 1836-1920
- United States
- Kentucky and Virginia resolutions of 1798
- Soldiers -- Confederate States of America
- United States -- History -- Constitutional period, 1789-1809
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Slavery -- United States
- Essay, 1890, by Evander McIver Law entitled "The Confederate Revolution." Law's essay encompasses more than the American Civil War to include Colonial history, the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions, Louisiana Purchase, and the Continental Congress. Located on microfilm frames 14-67
- Biographical or historical data
- Evander McIver Law was born in Darlington, South Carolina, on August 7, 1836. In 1856, he graduated from the South Carolina Military Academy. He enlisted in the 4th Alabama when the state announced its secession. Among many battles he fought in the First Battle of Bull Run, Peninsula Campaign, the Seven Days' Campaign, the Battle of Gaines' Mill, the Second Battle of Bull Run and at Antietam. After the Civil War, Law moved to Florida, helped establish the state's educational system and worked as a newspaperman, remaining active in veteran affairs. Law died in Bartow, Florida on October 31, 1920.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Essay, 1890
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Essay, 1890
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ctNzRTvUWWw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/ctNzRTvUWWw/">Essay, 1890</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...