The Resource Kanawha and Logan Road records, 1847-1855
- Kanawha and Logan Road records, 1847-1855
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, maps (1848, 1850), 3 items, reports, lists of stockholders, and copies of court orders
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 2, 1846, provided for a road from the Guyandotte River in Logan County, to the Kanawha River, in Kanawha County. The Board of Public Works was authorized to appoint a commissioner to locate and superintend the improvement and construction of a road from the house of Edward Chapman on the Guyandotte River to some point on the Kanawha River, and later extended to Logan Courthouse. $3,000 was allotted, with the county courts authorized to receive donations and subscriptions up to $2,000 and subscribe to $1,000 from each county. An additional $5,000 was authorized March 6, 1848. Each of the four sections, when complete, were placed under the jurisdiction of the court in the county in which they lay.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 296
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Kanawha and Logan Road records, 1847-1855
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Kanawha and Logan Road records, 1847-1855
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dF-OFdIRCOo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dF-OFdIRCOo/">Kanawha and Logan Road records, 1847-1855</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...