The Resource 1796 December 20
- 1796 December 20
- Inclusive dates
- 1796 December 20
- Title variation
- Executive Communications
- Kentucky -- History -- 18th century
- Certificates -- Virginia
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 1776-1865
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- Kentucky | Lincoln County
- State government records -- Virginia
- Clark, George Rogers, 1752-1818
- Letters (correspondence) -- Virginia
- Bounties, Military -- Virginia
- Contains a letter from Matthew Clay, Richmond, to John Wise, Speaker of the House of Delegates, enclosing a certificate from James Thompson, Surveyor of Lincoln County. Clay inquires about the location of the 101,920 acres of land given to George Rogers Clarke in Kentucky for his recruiting services. The certificate from James Thompson relates to this land which was entered into the books on 29 October 1781
- Forms part of the General Assembly, House of Delegates, Speaker, Executive communications collection.
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia General Assembly, House of Delegates, Speaker. (Search Virginia General Assembly House of Delegates as author).
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
- Letter and certificate
ContextContext of 1796 December 20
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1796 December 20
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/decmBbJyM8I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/decmBbJyM8I/">1796 December 20</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...