The Resource Marine Hospital at Norfolk, : records, 1861
- Marine Hospital at Norfolk, : records, 1861
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Military Expenditures - Civil War. General Records
- This series contains accounts, medical certificates, and receipts: Accounts, June 1861, 2 items; Medical Certificates, 26 September 1861, 2 items; Receipts, 30 April - 30 September 1861, 13 items
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- Constructed in 1789, Virginia coded the Marine Hospital at Norfolk to the federal government in 1800 on condition they pay the contractor $6,000+. Upon Virginia's secession from the Union, this property was taken over by the state. On 27 April 1861, the General Assembly passed on ordinance establishing a board of commissioners to settle accounts for the maintenance of the armed forces. The auditor of public accounts issued warrants for claims allowed by the board, and accounts were certified quarterly by the Confederate government.
- Citation location within source
- Entry no. 179
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Marine Hospital at Norfolk, : records, 1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Marine Hospital at Norfolk, : records, 1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dlh0ELNYD2g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dlh0ELNYD2g/">Marine Hospital at Norfolk, : records, 1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...