The Resource Wolf scalp bounties, : accounts and receipts, 1776-1818
- Wolf scalp bounties, : accounts and receipts, 1776-1818
- Title remainder
- accounts and receipts
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Disbursements to Localities and Individuals: Local Government Expenses - Bounties and Rewards
- The accounts contain the names of persons to whom payments were made, the amounts, and the dates paid. Each receipt contains the date, the amount received, the name of the person from whom the money was received, and the reason for the payment
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- Beginning in 1632 the General Assembly permitted localities to pay rewards to persons who killed wolves. Throughout the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries these laws were amended, repealed, and reenacted. An act passed by the General Assembly during its session begun in October 1778 made the auditor of public accounts responsible for reimbursing localities for destruction of "Noxious Animals," which included wolves.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 691
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Wolf scalp bounties, : accounts and receipts, 1776-1818
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Wolf scalp bounties, : accounts and receipts, 1776-1818
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dngEhdEiclk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dngEhdEiclk/">Wolf scalp bounties, : accounts and receipts, 1776-1818</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...