The Resource Ohio River and Maryland Road records, 1823-1871
- Ohio River and Maryland Road records, 1823-1871
- Inclusive dates
- Records contain letters sent; bridge plan (1851); field notes (1825; 1835; 1837-1838; 1850), 15 vols.; maps (1849; 1851), 2 items; reports; lists of stockholders; specifications; copies of court orders; lists of contractors; proposals for construction; petitions; receipts; contracts; security bonds, for the years 1823; 1825; 1829; 1835-1861; 1868-1871
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 15, 1836, provided for the construction of a road from the Ohio River at the mouth of Fishing Creek, in Tyler County, by way of Morgantown, in Monongalia County and Brandonville in Preston County, to the state line in the direction of Smithfield, on the National Road. When money and labor contributed by county courts, private individuals, equals the value of $3,000, the Board of Public Works was authorized to pay $2,000 until the limit of $12,000 was reached. The Board was authorized to borrow $22,000 to complete the road to the Ohio River, with the bridges over Buffalo, Piles Fork, and Little Fishing Creek, and another $6,000 to macadamize or plank portions of the road. February 11, 1854, the Assembly authorized the appointment of a commissioner to report on losses sustained by Edward Parish caused by extraordinary land slides, repairs, and other extra work.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 349
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Ohio River and Maryland Road records, 1823-1871
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ohio River and Maryland Road records, 1823-1871
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dqfgjRHPgwg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dqfgjRHPgwg/">Ohio River and Maryland Road records, 1823-1871</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...