The Resource 1947-1971
- Inclusive dates
- Contains minutes of meetings of the Advisory Board of the Peninsula Mental Health Center. The minutes include both those of the Board of Directors (1949-1955) and the Advisory Board (1955-1971)
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services. (Search Virginia Dept. of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The center held its first organizational meeting on April 3, 1947, under the name of the Lower Peninsula Mental Hygiene Clinic. In 1968, the name of the clinic was changed to the Peninsula Mental Health Center. Initially, the Commonwealth assisted with funding for the part-time psychiatrist, but ceased providing such funding in 1952. The center the functioned using community-based funds.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1947-1971
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1947-1971
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dr0zOK4CChM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/dr0zOK4CChM/">1947-1971</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...