The Resource Agency history
- Agency history
- Businesspeople -- Services for -- Virginia
- Discrimination -- Virginia -- Prevention
- Government purchasing -- Virginia
- State government records -- Virginia
- Government contractors -- Virginia
- Women-owned business enterprises -- Virginia
- Small business -- Virginia
- Minority business enterprises -- Virginia
- Biographical or historical data
- The Dept. of Small Business and Supplier Diversity was created in 2014 by a merger of the Dept. of Business Assistance and the Dept. of Minority Business Enterprise (SB 1350, 2013 Session, chapter 482). The mission of this consolidated agency is to promote access to the Commonwealth of Virginia's contracting opportunities and ensure fairness in the procurement process. Two key goals of the agency are to increase the number of certified businesses in the Commonwealth and increase the total dollars allocated to SWaM vendors as a precentage of all discretionary spend or contract dollars.
- The Dept. of Small Business and Supplier Diversity coordinates plans, programs and operations of the state government related to the establishment, preservation, and strengthening of small, women-owned, and minority-owned businesses in the Commonwealth of the Virginia. The Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned Business (SWaM) procurement program is a state initiative established to enhance business opportunities for SWaM vendors in Virginia. The Dept. manages the SWaM and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) vendor certification process for the state and the Business One Stop permitting program for small businesses, and is also responsible for collecting procurement data and providing statistical analysis and reporting of this data. The Dept. also advises the Small Business Financing Authority (VSBFA) on the management and administration of the Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned Business Loan Fund, and manages both the Small Business Jobs Grant Fund Program and the Small Business Investment Grant Fund.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Agency history
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Agency history
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/e6rImc_y3eA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/e6rImc_y3eA/">Agency history</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...