The Resource Speech before the 51st annual convention of the Virginia Education Association,, 1957 Nov. 1
- Speech before the 51st annual convention of the Virginia Education Association,, 1957 Nov. 1
- Inclusive dates
- 1957 Nov. 1
- Romulo, Carlos P., (Carlos Peña), 1899-1985
- Philippines -- Foreign relations -- 1946-1973
- Radio programs. -- Virginia
- Soviet Union -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1991
- Sound recordings
- National security. -- United States
- Cold War
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1989
- Asia -- Politics and government -- 1945-
- Speech, 1 November 1957, by Carlos P. Romulo (1899-1985), Philippines ambassador to the United States, before the Virginia Education Association. Romulo is introduced by Virginia Congressman J. Vaughan Gary (1892-1973). In his speech entitled "The Asia America Does Not Know," Romulo comments on the importance of Asia to U.S. national security, discusses Soviet imperialism and that country's incursions into Formosa, Korea, the Philippines, Greece, China, and India, and urges the U.S. to continue to build strong friendships with other countries to combat the Soviet's "desire of world conquest."
- Biographical or historical data
- Carlos P. Romulo, diplomat, general, and politician, was born in the Philippines on 14 January 1899. He assisted Douglas MacArthur during World War II, and served as president of the United Nations General Assembly (1949-1950), Philippine foreign minister (1950-1952, 1968-1984), and Philippine ambassador to the United States (1952-1953, 1955-1962). He died in Manila on 15 December 1985.
- Cataloging source
- Format of music
- not applicable
- Funding information
- Reformatting was funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
- Literary text for sound recordings
- lectures speeches
ContextContext of Speech before the 51st annual convention of the Virginia Education Association,, 1957 Nov. 1
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Speech before the 51st annual convention of the Virginia Education Association,, 1957 Nov. 1
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/eF2q3SyX_kU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/eF2q3SyX_kU/">Speech before the 51st annual convention of the Virginia Education Association,, 1957 Nov. 1</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...