The Resource Prince William County (Va.) Land Records, 1743-1920
- Prince William County (Va.) Land Records, 1743-1920
- Inclusive dates
- Prince William County (Va.) Land Records, 1743-1920 (bulk 1743-1843) include 3 volumes of Daily Indexes of Receipts of Deeds for Recordation, 4 volumes of Land Causes, 1 Index to Deed Book No. 40, 1 Redemption of Land [Suit Book], 1 box of copies of deeds, 1 box of copies of plats dealing with land causes and 1 box of loose deeds
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Prince William County was formed from Stafford and King George Counties by a statute adopted in 1730, to take effect on 12 March 1731. The county was named for William Augustus, duke of Cumberland and third son of King George II.
- Many pre-Civil War records were lost, destroyed, or stolen by Union troops in 1863 during the Civil War. Sixteen deed books and five will books are missing.
- Deeds record the name of the grantor and the grantee and the description of the property being sold or transferred.
- A plat is a graphic depiction of a survey.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Prince William County Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia's web site.
- Prince William County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Prince William County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of Prince William County (Va.) Land Records, 1743-1920
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Prince William County (Va.) Land Records, 1743-1920
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/eUdbvuY83O0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/eUdbvuY83O0/">Prince William County (Va.) Land Records, 1743-1920</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...