The Resource 1763-1868
- Inclusive dates
- Deeds -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Estates (Law) -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Campbell County (Va.)
- Campbell County (Va.) -- History
- African Americans -- History
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Land subdivision -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Debt -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Land records -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Business enterprises. -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Wills -- Virginia | Campbell County
- Campbell County (Va.) Records, 1763-1868, consist of the following records: deeds, land patents, land warrant, wills, guardian accounts, military and pension records, owers of attorney, petitions, manumission deeds emancipating slaves, slave patrol commssion, inventories and appraisements, estate accounts, obligation bonds, and a broadside
- A civil suit between Thomas Jefferson and Samuel Scott, 1810. Jefferson claimed Scott forcibly entered and detained lands and tenements owned by Jefferson in Campbell County
- A civil suit between Patrick Henry and Henry Walthall and others, 1796
- A circular issued by the Conservative State Committee, 1868, expressing the committee's concerns about the 1868 state constitution, specifically in regards to social and political rights for African Americans
- One newspaper - Virginia Gazette and Independent Chronicle, 29 September 1787
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Circuit Court (Campbell County). Browse search: Campbell County (Va.) Circuit Court.
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Campbell County was named for William Campbell, a general in the militia during the Revolutionary War and one of the heroes of the Battle of Kings Mountain in 1780. The county was formed from Bedford County by an act passed on 15 December 1781. The county court first met on 7 February 1782.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Campbell County (Va.) Records
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Campbell County Court Records can be found on microfilm at The Library of Virginia web site. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm."
ContextContext of 1763-1868
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1763-1868
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/eds_8HP5laU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/eds_8HP5laU/">1763-1868</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...