The Resource 1896-1964
- Inclusive dates
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans
- Application forms
- Sons of Confederate Veterans (Organization)
- Organization records
- Letters (correspondence)
- Veterans -- Confederate States of America
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Societies, etc
- Annual reports
- This collection consists of records, 1896-1964, including correspondence, letters, applications, annual reports, membership rosters, dues notices and records, and meeting minutes pertaining to the Sons of Confederate Veterans at the local, state, and national levels. SERIES I: National headquarters documents contain correspondence and letters which were sent from the main offices of the Sons of Confederate Veterans in Richmond, Virginia to the D.H. Lee Martz Camp, No. 10 in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The correspondence includes convention notices, dues requests, and general orders and memorandums which were sent to all chapters
- SERIES II: State headquarters documents is comprised of papers originating in the Virginia Division Headquarters of the Sons of Confederate Veterans in Charlottesville, Virginia. The papers principally consist of of state convention and reunion notices, dues notices, and general orders. SERIES III: (Local) D.H. Lee Martz Camp, No. 10, Harrisonburg, Virginia consists primarily of membership rosters, dues records, minutes of meetings, and letters which concern Camp 10's activities and members. SERIES IV: Applications contains applications in various forms for membership in Camp 10 and in other camps. Includes some applications that list Confederate veterans with rank, company, years of service, and reason discharged. SERIES V: This series is comprised mostly of annual reports of camps in Virginia during the year 1923
- Biographical or historical data
- The Sons of Confederate Veterans is a national fraternal organization established in 1895 for veterans of the Confederate forces and their sons and grandsons, with chapters across the United States.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals, which are owned by the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Historical Society, are located in Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia.
ContextContext of 1896-1964
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1896-1964
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/efUks90JEe4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/efUks90JEe4/">1896-1964</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...