The Resource St. Anne's Parish vestry book, 1772-1785
- St. Anne's Parish vestry book, 1772-1785
- Inclusive dates
- Vestry book, 1772-1785, of St. Anne's Parish in Albemarle County, Virginia. Located on frames 371-467
- Biographical or historical data
- The 1744 act of the Virginia General Assembly which divided Goochland County to form Albemarle County also divided St. James Parish so that the part which lay in Albemarle County became a new parish known as St. Anne’s. The new parish covered the entire county until 1757, when a part was added to Fredericksville Parish. Also, a portion of St. Anne’s Parish was made a separate parish called Tillotson Parish. In 1761, St. Anne’s was divided again, and Amherst Parish was formed. In 1777, the part of St. Anne’s which fell within the newly formed county of Fluvanna was renamed Fluvanna Parish. In 1925, the boundaries of St. Anne’s Parish were realigned by the Council of the Diocese of Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of St. Anne's Parish vestry book, 1772-1785
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work St. Anne's Parish vestry book, 1772-1785
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/f15EfRMw0-M/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/f15EfRMw0-M/">St. Anne's Parish vestry book, 1772-1785</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...