The Resource Huttonsville and Huntersville Turnpike records, 1850-1861
- Huttonsville and Huntersville Turnpike records, 1850-1861
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, field notes (1853), 1 vol., map (1859), reports, petitions, proposals for construction, security bonds, returns of tolls, receipts, and accounts
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed February 25, 1850, approved construction of a turnpike from a point on the Staunton and Parkersburg road, near Huttonsville, by way of Conrad's in Randolph County, to Marlin's Bottom, in Pocahontas County, under the direction of the Board of Public Works. November 23, 1852, the Board of Public Works authorized a change in the location from the west to the east side of the house of Ely Butcher and Ely B. Butcher in Randolph County, after paying all costs and damages to the Butchers. The General Assembly approved an additional $8,000 in order to extend the road from Marlin's Bottom to Huntersville, and to erect a bridge over the Greenbrier River at Marlin's Bottom, February 28, 1853.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 286
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Huttonsville and Huntersville Turnpike records, 1850-1861
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Huttonsville and Huntersville Turnpike records, 1850-1861
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/fRP7YrvPn3Q/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/fRP7YrvPn3Q/">Huttonsville and Huntersville Turnpike records, 1850-1861</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...