The Resource General correspondence, 1775-1776
- General correspondence, 1775-1776
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters regarding military commissions, sources of supply for the Army, and troop movements
- Additional physical form
- Microfilm available on Misc. Reels 619 and 620.
- Printed text appears in William J. Van Schreeven, Robert L. Scribner, and Brent Tarter, eds., Revolutionary Virginia: The Road to Independence; A Documentary Record (Charlottesville: Published for the Virginia Independence Bicentennial Commission by the University Press of Virginia, 1973-1983), 7 vols.
- Biographical or historical data
- The Committee of Safety was appointed by the third revolutionary convention of 1775 for the protection of the colony. It had the power to grant commissions to officers, to appoint commissioners and paymasters, to issue warrants for arms and provisions, to call minute-men and militia into service, and to direct the movement of the Army.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of General correspondence, 1775-1776
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work General correspondence, 1775-1776
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/fRvZF7a6JkQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/fRvZF7a6JkQ/">General correspondence, 1775-1776</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...