The Resource The First Baptist Church in the City of Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1925.
- The First Baptist Church in the City of Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1925.
- Inclusive dates
- ca. 1925.
- Architecture -- Virginia | Richmond -- 20th century
- Church buildings -- Virginia | Richmond -- Designs and plans
- Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc
- First Baptist Church (Richmond, Va.)
- Architectural drawings -- Virginia | Richmond
- Herts, Henry Beaumont, 1871-1933
- Herts and Robertson (New York, Ny.)
- Proposed designs
- Virginia -- Buildings, structures, etc
- These photographs of a proposed structure for the First Baptist Church at Boulevard and Monument Avenue in Richmond, Virginia, feature a complex situated on nearly one city block. The strongly Beaux-Arts central building and adjoining wings were proposed by the firm of Herts & Robertson of New York City, but ultimately refused in favor of a design by Herbert L. Cain with Joseph Hudnut (1927-1928). The drawings depict a southeast elevation, main floor plan, and interior elevations. Of note is the strongly theatrical appearance of the interior. Henry B. Hertz was a noted designer of theater buildings
- The drawing is signed "Herts & Robertson, Architects, 331 Madison Avenue, N.Y.C."
- Biographical or historical data
- Henry Beaumont Herts, a noted designer of theater buildings, was a student at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts. With his primary practice in New York City, Herts collaborated with Hugh Tallant circa 1900-1911. Little is know of his 1920-1925 associate Robertson.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of The First Baptist Church in the City of Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1925.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The First Baptist Church in the City of Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1925.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/fULCnFfKqK8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/fULCnFfKqK8/">The First Baptist Church in the City of Richmond, Virginia, ca. 1925.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...