The Resource Lunenburg County (Va.) Minute Book, 1831-1853
- Lunenburg County (Va.) Minute Book, 1831-1853
- Inclusive dates
- Lunenburg County (Va.)
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Lunenburg County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Lunenburg County
- Lunenburg County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Minute books -- Virginia | Lunenburg County
- County officials and employees -- Virginia | Lunenburg County
- Public records -- Virginia | Lunenburg County
- Lunenburg County (Va.) Minute Book, 1831-1853, was created by the Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery, and along with closely related court records such as order books, records all matters brought before the court when it was in session and may contain important information not found anywhere else. Generally minute books contain brief entries. A locality's loose papers are the raw materials from which this type of book was created. Like order books, a wide variety of information is found in its pages including: appointments of county officers, appointments of guardians and administrators, records of legal disputes heard before the court, and matters related to the fiscal management of the court
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Lunenburg County was named for George II, duke of Brunswick-Luneburg, a German possession of the Hanoverian kings of England. It was formed from Brunswick County in 1745.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Lunenburg County Court Records can be found on microfilm at the Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of Lunenburg County (Va.) Minute Book, 1831-1853
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Lunenburg County (Va.) Minute Book, 1831-1853
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/g6nyo82DZx8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/g6nyo82DZx8/">Lunenburg County (Va.) Minute Book, 1831-1853</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...