The Resource West Virginia Vital Statistics, 1853-1863
- West Virginia Vital Statistics, 1853-1863
- Inclusive dates
- Contains registers of births, deaths and marriages of counties in Virginia that were later incorporated into West Virginia in 1863. Birth Registers include: date of birth, name, color, and sex of the child, place of birth, father's name, occupation and residence, name of mother, any deformities or circumstances of interest, and the source of the information. Death registers include: full name, race, and sex of the deceased, date, place and cause of death, name of parents, birthdate and occupation of the deceased, name of the coroner and the source of the information. Marriage registers include: date and place of the marriage, full names of husband and wife, age and condition, place of their births, place of residence, names of their parents, occupations, and the name of the person performing the ceremony
- Unfortunately, most of these records are incomplete with gaps in coverage from county to county. In particular, please note that the birth registers for McDowell County are absent from the collection
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of Health. (Search Virginia Dept. of Health as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The state of West Virginia was formed on 13 May 1862 and consisted of the following fifty counties that were formerly in Virginia: Barbour, Berkeley, Boone, Braxton, Brooke, Cabell, Calhoun, Clay, Doddridge, Fayette, Gilmer, Greenbrier, Hampshire, Hancock, Hardy, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Kanawha, Lewis, Logan, Marion, Marshall, Marion, McDowell, Mercer, Monongalia, Monroe, Morgan, Nicholas, Ohio, Pendleton, Pleasants, Pocahontas, Preston, Putnam, Raleigh, Randolph, Ritchie, Roane, Taylor, Tucker, Tyler, Upshur, Wayne, Webster, Wetzel, Wirt, Wood and Wyoming.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of West Virginia Vital Statistics, 1853-1863
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work West Virginia Vital Statistics, 1853-1863
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/g9bDHhtfXZA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/g9bDHhtfXZA/">West Virginia Vital Statistics, 1853-1863</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...