The Resource 1913-1920
- Inclusive dates
- Consumer goods -- Virginia | Gloucester County
- Business records -- Virginia | Gloucester County
- Gloucester County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Booker, Robert Cary, 1858-1931
- R. C. Booker Company (Gloucester County, Va.)
- Barter -- Virginia | Gloucester County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Gloucester County
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Gloucester County
- General stores -- Virginia | Gloucester County
- Ledger, 1913-1920, of R. C. Booker Company records the accounts of individual customers. Each account lists transactions in chronological order. Information found includes date of transaction, merchandise sold, quantity of merchandise purchased, form of payment, and amounts owed and paid. Merchandise sold includes food, lard, soap, dry goods, flour, gun shells, candy, meal, and tablets. Payments made by cash, check, credit, and barter (potatoes and eggs). Volume includes numerous loose slips of paper that record requests for merchandise by customers. Volume also includes an alphabetical index listing the names of customers and the page numbers where their accounts can be found
- Biographical or historical data
- R. C. Booker Company was a general store operated by Robert Cary Booker that conducted business in the town of Ordinary, Virginia, during the early twentieth century.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- R. C. Booker Company Ledger
- Location of other archival material
- Gloucester County is one of Virginia’s Lost Records Localities. Additional Gloucester County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Collection at the Library of Virginia. Search the Lost Records Localities Database found at the Library of Virginia web site.
ContextContext of 1913-1920
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1913-1920
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/gLcz-RdRyaY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/gLcz-RdRyaY/">1913-1920</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...