The Resource Sandy River Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855
- Sandy River Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, list of stockholders, certificates of stock subscriptions, and security bonds
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed March 31, 1851, approved incorporation of the Sandy River Turnpike Company, to build a road from the James River and Kanawha Turnpike Road at or near the mouth of the Big Sandy River, running up the river by the mouth of White's Creek, passing through the Round Bottom and running up the Big Sandy to Cassville in Wayne County, at the forks of the river. Joint capital stock was fixed at $5,000, with the Board of Public Works subscribing to $3,000. The costs of the road was not to exceed $400 per mile.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 384
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Sandy River Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Sandy River Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/gOFrlbR84Uc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/gOFrlbR84Uc/">Sandy River Turnpike Company records, 1851-1855</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...