The Resource James D. Halyburton essay, 1880
- James D. Halyburton essay, 1880
- Inclusive dates
- Civil rights. -- United States -- 19th century
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 1865-1877
- Personal papers
- Halyburton, James D., (James Dandridge), 1803-1879
- Civil rights
- Virginia -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Civil rights. -- Virginia -- 19th century
- Taverns (Inns)
- African Americans -- History -- 1863-1877
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 19th century
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Virginia. -- History -- 1865-1877
- Essay, 1880, by James D. Halyburton entitled "The Civil Rights Act." Halyburton's essay is a reaction to the Civil Rights Act of 1875 and debates the issue of equality in public places such as inns and theaters. Located on microfilm frames 254-260
- Biographical or historical data
- James Dandridge Halyburton (1803-1879) served as the United States Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia during the mid-19th century until the beginning of the American Civil War where he then served as Judge of the Confederate States Court. Areas covered by the Eastern District of Virginia included Isle of Wight, Nansemond, Norfolk, and Princess Anne Counties, and the cities of Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Richmond, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of James D. Halyburton essay, 1880
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work James D. Halyburton essay, 1880
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hESf-1Z8QuA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hESf-1Z8QuA/">James D. Halyburton essay, 1880</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...