The Resource 1849-1878
- Inclusive dates
- Clock and watch makers. -- Virginia | Richmond
- Business records
- Confederate States of America -- Equipment
- Jewelry. -- Repairing -- Virginia | Richmond
- Mitchell, Samuel P
- Mitchell & Tyler (Richmond, Va.)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Tyler, John H, 1808-
- Jewelers. -- Virginia | Richmond
- John H. Tyler & Co. (Richmond, Va.)
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century
- Richmond (Va.) -- Commerce
- Records, 1849-1878, of Mitchell & Tyler, a jewelry firm in Richmond, Virginia. Consists mostly of correspondence containing orders for jewelry, watches, clocks, decorations and insignia, including badges for various Virginia clubs and societies. Includes orders from Hampden Sidney College, Jefferson Society at the University of Virginia, and William and Mary College. A substantial portion of the collection consists of requests and orders for armaments, uniforms, and insignia for the various companies of Confederate Army (1860-1862)
- Biographical or historical data
- Samuel P. Mitchell and John H. Tyler (1808-) were partners of Mitchell & Tyler jewelry firm in Richmond, Va. Beginning in the spring of 1860 and throughout the Civil War the firm produced swords, scabbards, and other military accoutrements and insignia and dealt in firearms. The firm name became John H. Tyler & Co. after the year of 1866.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1849-1878
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1849-1878
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hQDCdgwBL4Q/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hQDCdgwBL4Q/">1849-1878</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...