The Resource 1669 Aug. 28
- 1669 Aug. 28
- Inclusive dates
- 1669 Aug. 28
- Will, 28 August 1669, of Edward Diggs (1620-1675) of York County, Virginia, and England. Will was probated in Virginia 16 June 1675 (court unknown) and in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury (England) in 1686
- Biographical or historical data
- Edward Diggs was born in 1620 in Kent, England, to Sir Dudley Diggs (1583-1639) and Lady Mary Kempe Diggs. Edward Diggs arrived in Virginia about 1650 and became a member of the council. He served as governor of Virginia from 1655 to 1656. A wealthy planter, Diggs married Elizabeth Page (d. 1691) about 1653, and they had thirteen children. Diggs 15 March 1675, and was buried at the Diggs family plantation, Bellfield, in York County, Virginia.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Prerogative Court of Canterbury and related Probate Jurisdictions Will Register Lloyd 73.
ContextContext of 1669 Aug. 28
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1669 Aug. 28
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hXQKmcKyDP4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hXQKmcKyDP4/">1669 Aug. 28</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...