The Resource Campaign speech,, [ca. 1945]
- Campaign speech,, [ca. 1945]
- Inclusive dates
- [ca. 1945]
- Campaign speech, ca. 1945, of Lieutenant Governor William M. Tuck while campaigning for the governorship. Tuck praises Virginia's accomplishments and outlines his plans for education, health, agriculture, and the physically and mentally disabled. He promises to maintain the principles of good government and continued freedom from debt. He emphasizes his political experience and believes the election of a Republican as governor would be disastrous considering the overwhelming majority of Democrats in the legislature. Broadcast paid for by the Democratic State Committee
- Biographical or historical data
- William Munford Tuck was born in Halifax County, Virginia on 28 September 1896. He served in the Virginia House of Delegates (1924-1932), Virginia State Senate (1932-1942), as Lieutenant Governor (1942-1946), Governor (1946-1950), and United States Congressman (1953-1969). He died in South Boston, Virginia on 9 June 1983.
- Cataloging source
- Format of music
- not applicable
- Funding information
- Reformatting was funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
- Literary text for sound recordings
- lectures speeches
ContextContext of Campaign speech,, [ca. 1945]
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Campaign speech,, [ca. 1945]
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hZ5KkMfVLzI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hZ5KkMfVLzI/">Campaign speech,, [ca. 1945]</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...