The Resource Old dominion barn dance : Karo corn products program, 1954 Jan. 29
- Old dominion barn dance : Karo corn products program, 1954 Jan. 29
- Title remainder
- Karo corn products program
- Inclusive dates
- 1954 Jan. 29
- Includes two programs both hosted by Sunshine Sue (Mary Higdon Workman). The first program (Track 1) contains Mary Click and Zeb Robinson singing "When the Roses Bloom in Dixieland," Gene Jenkins playing the guitar, Sunshine Sue singing "Maple on the Hill," Mary Click, Zeb Robinson, and Irving Gurganus accompanied by Sonny Day and Gene Jenkins singing "A Love that Has Ended Too Soon." The second program (Track 2) contains Irving Gurganus performing "Darby's Ram," Sonny Day playing the accordion, Sunshine Sue singing "I Dreamed of an Old Affair," Sonny Day and Zeb Robinson singing "With These Pins and Needles in my Heart," and Sunshine Sue singing "Where Could I Go." Also includes commercials for Karo Syrup and Niagra Instant Laundry Starch
- Biographical or historical data
- The Old Dominion Barn Dance began broadcasting from the WRVA Theater (formerly the old Lyric Theater) at 9th and Broad Streets in September 1946. Emceed by Sunshine Sue (Mary Higdon Workman), this country music program included such performers as the Carter Sisters, Grandpa Jones and Ramona, the Saddle Sweethearts, Cousin Crazy Joe Maphis, the Tobacco Tags, Quincy Snodgrass, Toby Stroud, Buster Puffenbarger, Curley Collins, Benny Kissinger, Mac Wiseman, and Little Robert, among many others. On Saturday nights, the Old Dominion Barn Dance performed before live audiences at 7:30 and 9:30. The program also aired three times daily Monday through Friday as a transcribed quarter-hour program. The show broadcast on WRVA until 1957.
- Cataloging source
- Format of music
- not applicable
- Funding information
- Reformatting was funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
ContextContext of Old dominion barn dance : Karo corn products program, 1954 Jan. 29
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Old dominion barn dance : Karo corn products program, 1954 Jan. 29
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hrhjQthJLGg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hrhjQthJLGg/">Old dominion barn dance : Karo corn products program, 1954 Jan. 29</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...