The Resource 1791-1871.
- Inclusive dates
- Public records -- Virginia | Amherst County
- Courts of chancery -- Virginia | Amherst County
- Amherst County (Va.) -- History
- Amherst County (Va.)
- Appraising -- Virginia | Amherst County
- Estate inventories -- Virginia | Amherst County
- Deeds -- Virginia | Amherst County
- Equity -- Virginia | Amherst County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Amherst County
- Wills -- Virginia | Amherst County
- Records, 1791-1871, of Amherst County consist of Board of Supervisors records (1871), papers related to miscellaneous suits including judgments (1791, 1796, 1797, 1808, 1819, 1821, 1824, undated) and chancery causes (1835, 1836), fiduciary records (1829), land records (1792, 1796), will (1824), and clerks' fees (1815.)
- Copy of decree and notice, 1836, in the chancery cause Matthew Rickets versus Edmind P. Sale
- Transcript, 1836, of chancery suit Robert S. Jefferson and another versus Pizarro Edmunds and others heard in Nelson County Circuit Superior Court of Law and Chancery
- Copy of inventory and appraisement, 1829, of the estate of Spencer Norvell
- Papers, 1791, 1792, 1796, 1797, related to Hugh Rose. They include miscellaneous judgments and a deed of trust
- Copy of will, 1824, of Joseph Kennedy
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Amherst County was formed in 1761 from Albemarle County.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1791-1871.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1791-1871.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hwMeh8dVY2Q/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/hwMeh8dVY2Q/">1791-1871.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...