The Resource 1868-1929
- Inclusive dates
- Washington County (Va.) -- History -- 19th century
- Women's colleges -- Virginia | Washington County
- Minute books
- Women college students -- Virginia
- Organization records
- Martha Washington College (Washington County, Va.)
- Washington County (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Women -- Education -- Virginia | Washington County
- College student government -- Virginia | Washington County
- Registers (lists)
- Universities and colleges -- Finance -- Virginia | Washington County
- Account books
- Ledgers (account books)
- Records, 1868-1929, of Martha Washington College in Abingdon, Washington County, Virginia, consisting of account books, 1905-1928, containing entries for professor and student accounts, wage and salaried employee accounts, tuition and fees, improvements and repairs, treasurer's accounts, grocery accounts, advertising and catalog accounts, fiscal year summary, cash received and cash paid, and various and sundry expenses, with an alphabetical index of account holders. Also, Student Council minute books, 1920-1927; and student registers, 1868-1929, listing each student arranged chronologically by class and including students' addresses and parents' names. Some years also list faculty members
- Biographical or historical data
- In 1858 Martha Washington Inn in Abingdon, Virginia, was purchased as a facility for a women's college and then renamed Martha Washington College. On March 15, 1860 classes began in Martha Washington College for women. In 1919 Martha Washington College consolidated with Emory and Henry College.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals are on file at the Emory and Henry College Archives in Emory, Virginia.
ContextContext of 1868-1929
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1868-1929
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/iMGumJSqhJ4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/iMGumJSqhJ4/">1868-1929</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...