The Resource Summaries of Acts, 1786-1843
- Summaries of Acts, 1786-1843
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Internal Improvements - General Records
- The series contains summaries of acts concerning proposed internal improvements, and consists of the following categories: Prior to Board of Public Works, West, 1790-1816, 1823, 1828, 1839, 24 items; Rivers, East, 1786-1802, 1804-1806, 4 items; Since Board of Public Works, West, 1816, 1823-1843, 23 items
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- Before the creation of the Internal Improvement Fund and the Board of Public Works in 1816, public works were funded with appropriations from the General Assembly. Expenditures were accounted for through reports to the auditor of public accounts until 1823, when the office of the second auditor was established to supervise disbursements from the Internal Improvement Fund. Even after 1823 some reports continued to be made to the auditor of public accounts.
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 162
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Summaries of Acts, 1786-1843
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Summaries of Acts, 1786-1843
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/iN7Ee_s7p4Y/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/iN7Ee_s7p4Y/">Summaries of Acts, 1786-1843</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...