The Resource 1873-1893
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1873-1893, of Landon Brame Edwards of Richmond, Virginia. Includes correspondence regarding the Medical Society of Virginia and notes on medical topics
- Biographical or historical data
- Landon Brame Edwards was born 20 September 1845 in Prince Edward County, Virginia, son of Rev. John Ellis Edwards. He was educated at Randolph-Macon College. In 1863 he enlisted in Drewry's Company, Virginia Artillery, and served until the end of the war. He graduated from the medical department of the University of New York in March 1867. He was an intern in the Charity Hospital on Blackwell's Island and then assistant physician at the hospital for nervous diseases at Lake Mahopac, New York. He engaged in practice in 1868 at Lynchburg, Virginia, and two years later was active in establishing the Medical Society of Virginia and made recording secretary. He was a member of the state board of health in 1872. He established the "Virginia Medical Monthly" in April, 1874; was appointed lecturer on anatomy in the Virginia Medical College; lecturer on materia medica and therapeutics, 1875; and on medico-legal jurisprudence, in 1880.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1873-1893
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1873-1893
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/iVRuv-TKYe8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/iVRuv-TKYe8/">1873-1893</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...