The Resource Taxes paid in hemp, : receipts, 1781-1787
- Taxes paid in hemp, : receipts, 1781-1787
- Title remainder
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Revenue Assessment and Collection - Taxes Payable in Kind
- Each receipt contains the date, the quantity received, the name of the person from whom the hemp was received, and the reason for the payment. Records cover the following dates: 1781-1785, and 1787
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- During its session begun in November 1781 the General Assembly passed an act authorizing the payment of all taxes, except land taxes, one half in specie and the other half in tobacco and hemp delivered to one of the public warehouses at Alexandria, Fredericksburg, Richmond, Petersburg, or West Point. During the October 1782 session of the General Assembly additional warehouses were appointed at Abingdon, Dumfries, Falmouth, Harrodsburg, Lewisburg, and Manchester. During its session begun in October 1783 the General Assembly repealed the law making taxes payable in kind, but later it allowed payment of one half the taxes in hemp.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 653
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Taxes paid in hemp, : receipts, 1781-1787
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Taxes paid in hemp, : receipts, 1781-1787
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/iVUlNnrrRmg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/iVUlNnrrRmg/">Taxes paid in hemp, : receipts, 1781-1787</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...