The Resource Richard Channing Moore Page diary, 1864-1865
- Richard Channing Moore Page diary, 1864-1865
- Inclusive dates
- Virginia Artillery
- Personal papers
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories | Virginia Artillery | Morris Artillery
- Page, Richard Channing Moore, 1841-1898
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Wytheville (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate
- Virginia, Southwest -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Confederate States of America
- Diary, October 1864 - May 1865, of Major Richard Channing Moore Page, describing his duties as Chief of Artillery in the District of Southwestern Virginia. The diary details equipment inspections, lists number and names of officers present for duty, battles in Tennessee and western Virginia, and troop movements. Also includes a description of his return home and oath of allegiance after the war had ended. Located on frames 387-404
- Biographical or historical data
- Richard Channing Moore Page was born 2 January 1841 in Albemarle County, Virginia. He enlisted 14 July 1861 at Winchester with the Virginia Rockbridge 1st Light Artillery and transferred in October 1861 to the Virginia Louisa "Morris" Light Artillery. He was wounded at Gettysburg and was taken as prisoner in Richmond 29 February 1864, from which he escaped almost immediately. On 15 October 1864 he was promoted to Major and placed with Brigadier General John T. Echols Southwestern Virginia division, as Chief of Artillery. After the war he worked as a physician at the University of Virginia, married 30 April 1874 Mary Fitch Winslow, and moved to work at the New York Medical Center. He died 1898 and was buried in Norwich, Connecticut.
- Cataloging source
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of Richard Channing Moore Page diary, 1864-1865
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Richard Channing Moore Page diary, 1864-1865
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/igiC45FHAGA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/igiC45FHAGA/">Richard Channing Moore Page diary, 1864-1865</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...