The Resource Fugitive slave fund, : claims for payment, 1857-1860
- Fugitive slave fund, : claims for payment, 1857-1860
- Title remainder
- claims for payment
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Disbursements to Localities and Individuals: Local Government Expenses - Bounties and Rewards
- The series consists of certificates authenticating the informer's right to a reward
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- On 17 March 1856 the General Assembly passed an act for preventing the escape of slaves. This act authorized a reward of $500 to any white person who provided information leading to the conviction of any other white person who attempted to help a slave escape. The reward was paid by the state upon the order of the court convicting the party of such offense, provided the conviction was due to the testimony of someone other than the informer.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 689
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Fugitive slave fund, : claims for payment, 1857-1860
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Fugitive slave fund, : claims for payment, 1857-1860
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/jfdIvqaG02U/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/jfdIvqaG02U/">Fugitive slave fund, : claims for payment, 1857-1860</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...