The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Eliza Spangler, 1940-1970
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Eliza Spangler, 1940-1970
- Inclusive dates
- Land titles. -- Registration and transfer -- Tennessee | Hawkins County
- Spangler, Eliza W
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Spangler, Walter M
- The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States
- State government records -- Virginia
- Deeds -- Tennessee | Hawkins County
- Escheat -- Virginia
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 1173138 contains a deed made between The Equitable Assurance Society of the United States and Walter M. Spangler for property located Hawkins County, Tennesee, dated 1 January 1940; an agreement made between The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States and Greene County Bank regarding the deed, dated 15 March 1943; a deed made between Walter M. Spangler and Eliza W. Spangler for property located in Hawkins County, Tennessee, dated 7 January 1947; and the last will and testament of Eliza Spangler, dated 16 January 1970
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Eliza Spangler, 1940-1970
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Eliza Spangler, 1940-1970
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/jgGwNuoi4vI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/jgGwNuoi4vI/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Eliza Spangler, 1940-1970</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...