The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joyce V. Williams, 1958-1967
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joyce V. Williams, 1958-1967
- Inclusive dates
- Marriage records -- Virginia | Richmond
- Vanatta, Joyce E
- Divorce records -- Virginia | Norfolk
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Williams, Joyce E
- Williams, George A
- State government records -- Virginia
- Morrow, Eugene H
- Divorce records -- Iowa | Cedar County
- Morrow, Joyce E
- Escheat -- Virginia
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 43250) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 805703 contains divorce records for Joyce E. Morrow and Eugene H. Morrow from the state of Iowa, dated 15 March 1958; a certificate of marriage for George A. Williams and Joyce E. Vanatta, dated 17 April 1960; two copies of an affidavit regarding the birth of Joyce E. Vanatta, dated 6 December 1961; divorce records from the Commonwealth of Virginia for Joyce E. Williams and George A. Williams, dated 8 November 1966; and divorce decrees dated 10 March 1967 and 10 October 1967
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joyce V. Williams, 1958-1967
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joyce V. Williams, 1958-1967
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/k1jdeYOYiPI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/k1jdeYOYiPI/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Joyce V. Williams, 1958-1967</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...